Title: writing Excel

Apache 1.3.33 mod_perl 1.29 embperl 1.3.6_2

I have been stumped by this, but I don't know enough about what using Embperl through mod_perl might do to me. I also asked on PerlMonks and nobody knew.

I am using Spreadsheet::WriteExcel to write a file from a page. I can create the workbook file, open a new sheet in it, and close it, and everything works fine. I can open the file and see that my sheet is in there with its custom name.

When I try to write any data to the sheet, even a blank, it dies with 'file or directory not found!' error. I have also added set_tempdir(). All of this works fine if I spawn a new program and pass it the data to be written.

Any ideas will be welcomed. Thank you!

Don Wilde

hanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. Robert Wilensky