> I finally had the time to get in and look at the headers.  It
> seems the issue was in the expiration calculation.  The
> cookie that was coming through was set to expire 10 mins
> before it got there!  I changed the cookie_expires in my
> config file to read "+1d" but still no good.  Even though it
> said +1d, I was getting cookies that either would expire
> within 10 mins or had already expired.
>
> Now, I have had problems with my system clock losing time.
> At one point it was more than 30 mins behind.  I have since
> attempted to set up an ntp daemon, although I'm not convinced
> of my success.  Right now my clock is a little less than 3
> mins behind the real time.
>
> However, 3 mins does not explain why the day won't increment.
>  Is there anything else I can check that may be causing this?
>  In the meantime I've put in an explicit expiration of Jan 1,
> 2006.  In case it matters, my system clock is set to the
> local time (US Eastern Daylight Time, or GMT -05:00).

Could you please do the following test:

Edit test/conf/httpd.conf.src, goto line 153 and add the line

  Embperl_Cookie_Expires +1d

Now run

  make test TESTARGS="-h 161 162 163 164"

Then look at test/tmp/test.log and search for SES:. The second time you find
it, you should see the cookie that is sent. Does it have the correct time
i.e. one day ahead? (this works for me)

If it works you see enable dbgSession and watch your embperl.log, what time
shows up there.

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **