Hi,

> Seems I was even more tired than I thought, that was actually
> the case! :) Installed it and no problems after that with make, but...
>
> I can't get it configured with apache2. I followed the
> instructions at
> http://perl.apache.org/embperl/pod/doc/Config.-page-1-.htm
> under the mod_perl section. I created
> /etc/httpd/httpd.conf.local and added the Embperl
> configuration lines there, then added
> APACHE_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES="/etc/httpd/httpd.conf.local"
> to /etc/sysconfig/apache2. (this is how my
> /etc/httpd/httpd.conf suggests doing it)
>
> After that, I killed apache and restarted it, wrote a little
> "hello, world" index.html and pointed my firefox to
> localhost, and all I got
> was:
> [+ print "hello, world"; +]
>
> What am I missing and doing wrong?

Could you show us your httpd.conf.local ? Which URL you are requesting?

I am not familar with the configuration system of your Linux distribution,
so please make sure that your httpd.conf.local is really included by Apache
(e.g. make a syntax error and check if Apache reports it on startup)

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **