Phil, it seems the original features bitmap was documented in V 2.7 here:
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/remap/remap.html#_optional_interpreter_features_ini_file_configuration
and the bitmap has been replaced with discrete settings on V 2.8

Man, that was hard to find! At least its now in the in file config docs!

Rod Webster
*1300 896 832*
+61 435 765 611
Vehicle Modifications Network