Just an idea for a more flexible extension.

[SomwareInTheINI]

[RS274NGC]

USER_PARAM_5021 = name_of_realtime_component

name_of_realtime_component has to calculate that value, and then its avaiable in as #5021 in the interpreter.

I don´t know for sure if every value for abs position is avaiable in the RT-Components. But i think would be a great way to add more of such values in a flexible way without changes in source-code. Just like HAL-RT-componets.

With such a solution some of my huge/complicated macros would be very much handier. Additionally it would be possible to get better debugging by writing out some values into HAL and monitor them with halscope for example.

Aaaaaaaaand, by this way it would be possible to write out values to hal in a easier way. (Do i correctly remember its not possible by default and we have to use M-Codes?)

Don´t know anything about how much code must be changed in the "untouchable interpreter code" and about side effects, but as more as i think about this extension as more ideas i get how many things could be made easier with that.

Greets from Bavaria

Freisei

(Sorry for the topic-change, but i could no more read such a bad subject)