x86_64 has been the holy grail of all developers that was eagerly
accepted ever since AMD released the Hammer architecture (K8), but
still, for full application support we have to wait 5-10 more years.
Remember how long it took to release a 32-bit operating system since
the 32-bit computers were on sale? (1987 IBM PS/2 model 80).
Too many glitches to be solved overnight.