Am 23.02.2012 um 21:41 schrieb Frank Tkalcevic:

>>> Second question, can this "main" repository be set up on github? Given
>>> that github is free, it seems like a good place to store it.
>>> Any idea how?  I've read about "fork" on github, but that only seems
>>> to apply to repositories hosted on github.
>>
>> right
>>
>> just create an empty emc2-dev repo on github, and push all branches you
>> need from your local working repo
>
> So does that mean, when I want to pull the latest from linuxcnc, I need to
> pull to one of my local copies, get it all up to date, push back to my
> remote github, then on my other local copies, get from the github?

I'm not an expert on github, but I've probed a bit and couldnt find an obvious
way to fetch remote references through their web interface

so I guess yes, that would be the workflow

that said, you can automate a lot with git hooks - I'd assume its possible to
automatically update references on github if you fetch from git.linuxcnc.org
locally

-m