What is going on with Smithy?

This says here that EZ-Trol is going open source.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=54534

I think EZ Trol was always based on EMC2 but they used QT to make up a
custom front end.

How they made all of that legal, or if it ever was, I have no idea.

But now apparently they are declaring it open source??

So who has the source?

Does anyone know anything about this?    I asked for their code a while
back and was politely ignored. ;-)  (I was not surprised...)

I see that Jon Elson will be at the CNC Workshop.

Dave