A quick question, youre running preempt-rt on a raspberry pi, I might
be wrong on this, but I think there is a patch for the linux kernel
lowering the latency for context switching by running in a single
virtual adress space .... ( ie. the arm doesn't have to copy the
caches when it context switches ). If the patch is appliable to your
cpu it would lower latency MUCH.

 If not I am barking up a tree ...... :-D ....

 I don't remember much but it was similar to this, worth checking out ....

http://www.denx.de/en/pub/News/Xum2009AbstractsAndPresentations/The_ARM_Fast_Context_Switch_Extension_for_Linux.pdf

Were talking ARM 5 here ....

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.