Hello all,

 I posted a while ago about making a remote access API for LinuxCNC,
and having a remote user interface.  I've been working on it, so I
figured I should actually post some of it so others could take a look.
I have a client side GUI in the works, but for now I'll post the
server/browser end of things.

 Please take a look on the wiki:

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Rockhopper_Web_Server

 Installation instructions are at the bottom of the wiki page.  One
thing I know I need to add is a username/password system so people can't
just log-in and e-stop (or worse) your machine.  At the moment https mode is
disabled, but it works and can easily be turned back on.

 Right now the project doesn't yet state a license.  I was thinking I
would use GPL3 - is there a compelling reason not to use that license
(vs. GLP2)?  The server does not statically link with anything from
linuxcnc, just python "import" statements.

 Anyway, I'm on my way, working on a client side GUI as well, written
in Java for cross-platform goodness.  I have a remote back-plotter
running, and a client side status screen.  Things are going a bit slow
learning the various Java frameworks, but it's getting there.

 Please let me know what you think, if you have any trouble
using/installing it, any suggestions, etc..

Cheers,

-Peter

Peter Jensen
Machinery Science, LLC