Rob had some time to look at this branch - rebased it on 2.7 and made a
few fixes

I have played with it off and on for the last day or so - it is pretty
cool.  If you set M52P1 (turning on adaptive feed) You can run the
program in reverse for 100 segments.  (I don't know the in and out of
how far back is practical - rob would have to weigh in..)

http://i.imgur.com/0PhNYEd.png  (look at the slider in the right pyvcp
panel..)

There is control in the axis interface - pause program, shift r,
unpause.  To go forward - pause program, sift f, unpause.

I think the gui control could disapear in my opinion.  (you can do it
from a hal pin (motion.adaptive-feed)  but that might be a discussion...

Currently the reverse run is exact stop - rob would like to add basic
blending.

The branch lives here if someone wants to play.
https://github.com/robEllenberg/linuxcnc-mirror/tree/feature/reverse-run-2.7-rebase

Did I mention that rob is a genius?  Pretty darn cool.
sam