On 03/12/2016 02:05 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 12 March 2016 14:39:26 John Thornton wrote:
>
>> The 80's are here http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gcode/g-code.html
>>
>> The 70's are lathe turning cycles.
>> G70: Finishing Cycle
>> G71: Rough Turning Cycle
>> G72: Rough Facing Cycle
>> G73: Pattern Repeating Cycle
>>
>> http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCCNCGCodeG71RoughTurning.htm
>>
>> JT
> Thanks John, probably not that useful to me because even with a 1 horse
> in the motor brackets of my toy lathe, other drive train fragility
> prevents doing a heavy roughing cuts at any radius of more than 1/2".
> But you all knew that. I do intend to "fix" that at some point, probably
> by starting over with a machine that weighs 10 times what this piece of
> rubber framed toy weighs.  But I need to stumble over a /good/ buy, and
> haven't managed to do that yet.
>
> But for folks with real machinery, yes absolutely.

Not for Real Machinery only. G70, 71, and 72 are useful for the hobbyist
and almost a necessity for the full time user. Just because it says
roughing does not mean high HP, it is an incrementing and repeating
canned cycle. In a way it is simular to G76 thread cutting as it
repeatingly cuts deeper on every pass.  If this can be implemented on a
single line it would make LCNC more attractive for retrofits on older
hardware.

Ed.