So, I am setting up a new server, to comply with requirements to update TLS encryption, among other things. I want to start with a modern kernel, so I don't have to do this too often.

So, I have installed debian stretch with the rt-preempt kernel. I thought I saw a list somewhere on LinuxCNC of the required packages to build LinuxCNC on that, but now I can't find it. Does anybody have a list of packages and any other helpful info for building LinuxCNC on stretch? I'm OK with building from source.

(Not terribly worried about Meltdown, as it requires the attacker to run arbitrary code on the machine, which Apache2
should prevent.)

Thanks,

Jon