On 02/08/2019 03:29 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings Jon;

I need a man page for the boot module.  And an example piece of hal
showing how its used.

Well, I didn't write it, I think I saw the code a long time ago, maybe I got it from another user and sent it to you. (I assume you are talking about something to give the pulses to the Pico Systems PWM servo amp to get it out of the disabled state.)

What you need is to sense when the enable goes true, and then give a short pulse on PWM with the DIR input in each state, and then go over to normal operation. These pulses can be around 2 us wide, and just even one in each state of DIR will clear the disabled state in the gate drivers.

So, it seems to be strongly designed for multiple axes of the motion system, not for the spindle.
But, it should still work.  Inputs are :
enable  (bit)
pid0 .. pid3 (float)
and the outputs are :
pout0 .. pout3  (float)

On the first servo cycle when enable goes from 0 to 1, it generates a value of 0.05 for one servo cycle, then a value of -0.05 for one cycle, then passes pid0 through to pout0, and the same for the other 3 axes. I have no idea what the Mesa PWM generator does with a value of 0.05, this might or might not give a reasonable pulse width to the PWM input of the servo amp.

Or, you could strip out all the excess and make it a single-channel version.

Jon

Jon