On 06/10/2019 09:39 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 10 June 2019 09:43:25 pm Jon Elson wrote:

On 06/10/2019 04:42 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
fatal: fsync error on
'/media/slash/buildbot/linuxcnc-dev/.git/objects/pack/tmp_pack_dREvW
b': Input/output error
Yikes, that may indicate a bad memory device.

Jon
Do we have an SSD surveyer/verifyer tool Jon?  Its gone read-only on me
three times now. But a reboot has always silently fixed it. I may have
another just like it. I have also found that the same brand of SSD but a
240GB rated is not even mountable on the pi, but does work on a rock64.
The pi is usb2 max.

Hmmm, the read-only also suggests that it got a parity/CRC error, too. Some of these USB sticks are just awful, I'd use a name brand one. Or, get an SD card and an SD card reader, and use that. I just got a new micro SD card for the Beagle Bone, and was AMAZED at how fast it was. Took only a couple minutes to load the entire LinuxCNC distro onto it.

Jon