I have used bidirectional compensation on several machines. The latest on a
cinci just like the blue one at MPM. It has a Cin950 control. I collected
data using a CMM connected to the X table. I put the data in the file,
restarted the machine and the machine had twice the error as when I
started. I reversed the data in the compensation table and voila the
machine looked pretty good. Repeated for Y and Z.
Collecting data for 3 dimensional correction may be problematic in some
cases.

thanks
Stuart

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 7:26 PM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 24 November 2019 19:47:33 Stuart Stevenson wrote:
>
> > A two (or three) dimension comp file could work wonders to straighten
> > the motion. To be able to correct Y and Z motion per X motion at the
> > same discreet points chosen for the bidirectional compensation would
> > be a very good thing. Correcting X and Z for Y motion and correcting X
> > and Y for Z motion would complete the package.
> > The interpolation for the correction values would make a machine
> > motion much straighter.
> >
> > This would not perfect the machine as lead screw lost motion and
> > gib/linear (guide ways) slop would still be present until mechanically
> > corrected.
> >
> > A slight warp in the bed of a lathe would be easily corrected.
> >
> Ok, but lets pull this magic rabbit back out of the weeds.  Where might I
> find a good tut on actually putting it to work?
>
> Thanks Stuart, Gene.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.