On 2/4/20 10:08 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 16:09, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:
On 02/04/2020 05:33 AM, andy pugh wrote:
Rigid tapping and threading reset at the start of the
cycle, so are probably OK.
Ahh, but that led to a bunch of confusion years ago, when
the 32-bit extended software bits of
the 24-bit hardware counter was not properly zeroed out
What I mean is that 32-bit overflow is not likely to be a problem
during a rigid tapping move, assuming that index-zero works properly.

(Though in my Mesa drivers the index actually just sets an offset, and
rawcounts continue to accumulate).

The last here is interesting. Does the accumulating create a problem when hobbing?

I ask because I am setting up a horizontal mill to do hobbing and have wondered if there would be a problem when a cut may take 3 hours with a lot of revolutions of the hob.

Ed.