Jared,

A milled pocket will have a fillet in the corners at least equal to the
radius of the cutter used but that does not make it a requirement to
describe a fillet to be able to cut it. I like to use G41/G42 during even
the roughing of a pocket. When I rough a pocket using cutter comp in
LinuxCNC I must describe a fillet for EVERY change of cutter direction.
This is not necessary for efficient roughing and is a pita.

Regards
Stuart