On 8/30/20 4:07 PM, andy pugh wrote:
I had what I thought was a stable and "good enough" status to push 2.8.
But somehow pushing only a changelog change has led to a set of
runtests failures.

How is that possible?

This situation does happen from time to time. It's most likely due to flaky tests - maybe due to race conditions, or some other form of indeterminacy, either in the tested code or in the test itself.

I just built the 2.8 branch on my computer here (Buster, rtpreempt, amd64, 8 CPUs, 32 GB RAM), and am running the test suite in a loop. I'll report back if anything fails...

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky