On 11/23/20 4:31 PM, andy pugh wrote:
On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 21:30, Jérémie Tarot <silopo...@gmail.com> wrote:

https://crowdin.com/project/linuxcnc) would really help translators work
and maybe build a team for this task...
Does it cost money? The LinuxCNC project has literally no money.

To better benefit these, it seems preferable that l10n strings be stored in
dedicated files rather than embedded in source files. So could be that
adding gettext support to comps could be more better suited...
I _think_ that gettext only works in the context of source code. I
could be wrong, though.
I looked in to gettext for halcompile and couldn't see how to make it work.

Francis Tisserant and I played around with po4a a couple of years ago.  po4a is a tool that helps maintain translations of documentation - it lets you use gettext on asciidoc docs.  I'm not sure if it would work on .comp files etc.

It wasn't quite ready back then, but I bet it is now.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky