Feral,
I love it!

Just think how LinuxCNC would be accepted if Android was called
LinuxAndroid!
Or we had LinuxWeb as the main term for the internet.

How many people have heard of QNX? Not many. My first retrofit was
installing OpenCNC on a 5 axis Cinci. QNX was the underlying realtime
system. I showed a Fanuc service guy how to boot it up. His face had a
shocked look on it when the boot up was finished. He said the boot up
screens looked just like the fanuc control when booted up. We don't see the
boot up screens of the fanuc control when we start it. The service guys
sometimes see them.

QNX is everywhere and has been for a long time. I don't know if Fanuc runs
on top of QNX but it wouldn't surprise me.

Heh - we don't claim to be marketers but some of us can make parts and some
of us can write amazing code. Either group is a very small subset of
society. I am proud to be associated with members of both groups. I always
like to associate with people much smarter than me.

Heh
Stuart

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 10:11 AM Feral Engineer <theferalengin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Call it LegitCNC to really get the point across.
>
> If anyone ever questions Linux, tell them to get off the internet and put
> down their Android phones.
>
> That's what gets me about masso. It's touted as this great plug and play
> system and doesn't even support g41/g42... It's crap if you ask me.
>
> Phil T.
> The Feral Engineer
>
> Check out my LinuxCNC tutorials, machine builds and other antics at
> www.youtube.com/c/theferalengineer
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2021, 10:49 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 at 14:23, Stuart Stevenson <stus...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > The shop owner's hesitancy was caused by the name LinuxCNC. The use of
> > the
> > > term Linux gave him the idea of a less than capable control.
> >
> > We used to have "Enhanced" in that position. Perhaps we should have kept
> > it.
> >
> > --
> > atp
> > "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> > designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> > lunatics."
> > — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.