On 12/11/21 8:10 AM, mar...@r-bechtold.de wrote:
why not just dont translate it all and start documentation the
functionality in a way a new users can actually use it?

for example the German version is extremely bad, don't fit in the
layout and makes totally no sense. everybody i know here in Germany
is using the english version because the documentation and the forum
fits to this.

I think we should make the documentation better and reduce it to 1
usefull Documentation not 4 before we bother to translate it to
french.

This Weblate interface only applies to the parts of LinuxCNC that are translated using gettext/po. This is currently only the software, *not* the documentation.

The translations of the documentation has been neglected in LinuxCNC, largely because it predates good open-source tools for translating docs.

Those tools now exist (po4a!), and a group of developers (primarily Petter, Steffen, and Silopolis) are working to extend this gettext/po/Weblate translation system to our documentation, but as you correctly point out there's a bunch of work that needs to happen to clean up the docs before that can be useful. It's in the works, but we want to get feedback on Weblate early.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky