Le jeu. 21 juil. 2022 à 07:49, Alec Ari via Emc-developers <
emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net> a écrit :

> I'll be working on a LinuxCNC git ebuild (Gentoo package) soon.

This is grrrreat work mate!
The project will surely benefit from porting to various distribution
families, both technically and community wise 👍🙏

This makes me think I haven't seen news aboit Fedora work and I hope some
good soul like you will soon show up for the Arch family...

qtpyvcp has a LOT of dependencies, many of which may not even be included
> in Gentoo but I haven't dug into this yet.

 @TurBoss is warming up to package it for Debian, let's see the one who'll
cross the line first 😜

I'd like to have both so people can make their own GUIs on Gentoo

That'd surely be cool. Note that QtVCP is in tree and quite nice too!

as long as it doesn't mean I need to host 20+ python packages that need to
> be added to my overlay.

At the end of the day, if not as clean as one could wish, pip may avoid
some burden...

No hard dependencies on GCC is really great though you guys!

As this is really a field I don't know, what user side benefit can there be
to using clang/llvm vs gcc, if any?

Congrats again for this work
TY

PS: please don't forget the little docs PR at the end of this 😉