On 11/21/22 18:23, Andy Pugh wrote:

On 21 Nov 2022, at 21:17, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

  Anybody know a better way to do this?

How about a really slow, low duty-cycle pwmgen

I have no idea how long the silicon tube in a $10 (ebay when I bought a 4 pack expecting short life, but 3 years later I'm still on the first one) peristaltic pump would last pumping vactra 68. But I have such a beast on my 6040 driving the mist atomizer. Its a 12 volt pump, and I rigged up a two timer circuit that pulses the 12 volts to it about 5% of the time, quite a few times a second. I've rigged up pyvcp sliders to control it, and I had an 8 oz coke bottle with diluted koolmist in it, last as long as 8 hours while doing an awfully clean job of carving 1/2" alu into er20 wrenches.

If interested, I'll put some pix and config tarballs up on my web page. You can cherry pick whats useful. With my setup, finding a mist spray head you can point at the tool that actually works is the biggest problem. Much less of a problem if the oil plumbing is already present.

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis