On 11/21/22 19:35, Jon Elson wrote:

I have a user who tried to implement the manual tool change button in LinuxCNC 2.8, he says there is no continue button displayed.
His original code was :

loadusr-W hal_manualtoolchange

net tool-change iocontrol.0.tool-change => hal_manualtoolchange.change

net tool-changed iocontrol.0.tool-changed <= hal_manuatoolchange.changed

net tool-number iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number => hal_manualtoolchange.number

net tool-prepare-loopback iocontrol.0.tool-prepare => iocontrol.0.toolprepared

net tool-changed-btn hal_manualtoolchange.change_button <= parport.0.pin-15-in

This would not start, as there was no parport in his system.  I told him to just delete the last line, I assumed this would just use the on-screen  button to continue from the tool change.  But, now he doesn't get a "continue" button on the screen.  Does the new version require a hardware button, or require a signal to be netted to the hal_manualtoolchange.change_button?

Thanks for any insight, I don't use this feature at the moment.

Jon