On 1/7/23 11:03, Dewey Garrett wrote:
Yesterday (06Jan2023), I made a bad commit that breaks
master branch updates from 2.9.

I've notified key developers with more git experience
and suggest that users of git checkouts for the *master*
branch defer updates until someone figures out how to
fix it.

Other branches (2.9 for instance) are ok as far as
i can tell.

Sorry for my mistake,
dewey

My rpi4 is updateing its git pull 4x a day Dewey, and is not showing a problem. So I updated it to master from the buildbot for armhf, Get:1 http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org buster/master-rtpreempt armhf linuxcnc-uspace-dev armhf 1:2.10.0~pre0.457.g3d3bdb726 [299 kB] Get:2 http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org buster/master-rtpreempt armhf linuxcnc-uspace-dbgsym armhf 1:2.10.0~pre0.457.g3d3bdb726 [12.2 MB] Get:3 http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org buster/master-rtpreempt armhf linuxcnc-doc-en all 1:2.10.0~pre0.457.g3d3bdb726 [26.3 MB] Get:4 http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org buster/master-rtpreempt armhf linuxcnc-uspace armhf 1:2.10.0~pre0.457.g3d3bdb726 [21.2 MB]
Fetched 60.1 MB in 1min 2s (963 kB/s)

seems to run ok. Must be the fastest fix in the west. ;o)>

However, after this update on my go704, the spindle of my go704 will not run, I presume because the default spindle is no longer spindle[0]? I don't recall editing the .ini to match the new multispindle stuffs.

Uodated all 4 machines. The only problem after I had labeled all the SPINDLE stuff to SPINDLE_0 in both the .ini and .hal files on the go704, is that there is no longer a default spindle speed by a click on the direction button despite there being a DEFAULT_SPINDLE_0_SPEED setting of 100 in the .ini file. So it now takes a click on the + button to actually start the SPINDLE_0. At 100 revs. The lathe(armhf-rpi4 managed) works normal, tlm is in mid modification of power control and has no motor or spindle power atm, the 6040 also works normally. Both the lathe and the 6040's spindles are run by vfd's. The lathe has spinx1 hardware interface, the 6040 an rs485.

And of course the camera on the go704 doesn't work making qt upset at init time for about 40 seconds of ......... spew. It only worked for 3 or 4 days a couple/three months back. With cheese it Just Works. This is upsetting, it works for 2 or 4 upgrades, then disappears again for 6 months until I start pestering the list again.

I'm as tired of that as you all are reading about my camera woes.

It never works long enough for me to get the align kit from our wiki fully calibrated. Yet it works with cheese on any machine I plug it into.

Thank you.

Take care, stay warm & well Dewey.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)