> Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Januar 2023 um 10:55 Uhr
> Von: "andy pugh" <bodge...@gmail.com>
> An: "EMC developers" <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Betreff: [Emc-developers] CI environment, which libraries?
>
> I added a test to test the command line parameters for halcompile.
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/2256
>
> This requires sample code to reference a function in an external library.
> I chose "rl_ding()" from readline.
> But it seems that this wasn't a good choice, as the test passes on my
> PC but fails in the CI environment in Github.
>
> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/actions/runs/3879455596
>
> Can anyone suggest a library and a function that should always be
> present in any Linux installation, especially including the CI
> environment on github?

My first reaction was to point you to the libc and the printf function, but
then again, every architecture may have this in a different subdirectory - hm:

$ objdump -T /lib/$(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)/libc.so.6|grep
text|egrep '\<printf$'
0000000000052450 g    DF .text  00000000000000c8  GLIBC_2.2.5 printf

but more cross-architecture may be the wildcard

objdump -T /lib/*/libc.so.6|grep text|egrep '\<printf$'

And then the thought that you may possibly want to test on something that we
can control ourselves?

objdump -T /usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.so

lists something to run against? Is a bit ugly, though.

I admit I do not really know if I have even addressed the question you had.
Best,
Steffen