On 8/16/23 19:15, gene heskett wrote:
On 8/16/23 09:50, Alan Condit via Emc-developers wrote:
Gene,

I was able to build linuxcnc on the Pine RockPro64 which is a 3399 chip.

But you've not reported if rpspi.ko built (and worked would be super nice), and my 7i90HD hardware requires it.

Alan

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 09:22:52 -0400
From: gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
To: emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] Downloading of DOCS still an issue

Or are you running a 64-bit kernel?
Not on the rpi4 just yet, its running armhf, but I've a luv affair with
bananapi-m5's in my 3d printer stuff. Somewhat faster than a pi, all 4
usb ports are usb3, but no radio. $85/copy on amazon. If the pi dies,
I'll see if I can rebuild rpspi.ko to run on the 3399 chip.

That is helpful, but are you using the 7i90HD interface?  That needs the rpspi.ko driver, which at the bare minimum would need the updated address of the gpio array as is likely different from the chip used in the rpi4b's. The author of that module is a Swedish prof named Bertho Stultans IIRC.  He has been very helpful in the past. Past now would be half a decade ago.

Thanks Alan. Take care & stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)