Hello,

I installed the one from the home page, and likely this is already outdated,
but anyway this

root@debian:/home/user# cat /proc/version
Linux version 6.1.0-16-rt-amd64 (debian-ker...@lists.debian.org) (gcc-12
(Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP
PREEMPT_RT Debian 6.1.67-1 (2023-12-12)

is what I got and it works fine. Just that

model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  J1900  @ 1.99GHz

machine does not have the latencies that one would want to have (>140000 ns).

HDMI sound works!

What I always do is

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -u dist-upgrade

and somehow I expect this to work. But here now I ran into an error that was
unexpected since the amd64 image referenced something from the RPi:

After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up linux-image-6.1.0-17-rt-amd64 (6.1.69-1) ...
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/dkms:
dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 6.1.0-17-rt-amd64.
dkms: autoinstall for kernel: 6.1.0-17-rt-amd64.
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/initramfs-tools:
I: update-initramfs is disabled (live system is running on read-only media).
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/z50-raspi-firmware:
raspi-firmware: missing /boot/firmware, did you forget to mount it?
run-parts: /etc/kernel/postinst.d/z50-raspi-firmware exited with return code 1
dpkg: error processing package linux-image-6.1.0-17-rt-amd64 (--configure):
 installed linux-image-6.1.0-17-rt-amd64 package post-installation script
subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of linux-image-rt-amd64:
 linux-image-rt-amd64 depends on linux-image-6.1.0-17-rt-amd64 (= 6.1.69-1);
however:
  Package linux-image-6.1.0-17-rt-amd64 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package linux-image-rt-amd64 (--configure):
 linux-image-6.1.0-17-rt-amd64
 linux-image-rt-amd64

The documentation is available via the menu - and only via the menu. Tried to
open it with xpdf but that was not installed nor any other document viewer I
knew. avril it is - kind of unexpected.

Wen through the German "getting started" documentation and find that a lot
needs to be done to have it appeal to the eye, to not tell me at length about
IRC as the very first thing, not to have those many English paragraphs when
weblate tells me it that about all would be translated, so I somehow need to
chase those up manually and get that fixed. The Spanish and French
documentation we should not distribute since those are mostly English.

Best,
Steffen