On 3/2/24 04:59, andy pugh wrote:
On Fri, 1 Mar 2024 at 23:38, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

Well, I seem to be up to the first named subroutine call. But it cannot
find it.

Drop the ".ngc" from the subroutine name in the .ngc fle.

You have

o<tholefinder.ngc> sub

Didn't help, Andy.
I renamed tholefinder.ngc to tholefinder, fixed it internally, It is not (most of the time) looking in the right place as specified in [RS@&$NGC] SUBROUTINE_PATH in the .ini file. See attached screenshot. Most of the time its looking in /tmp, /home/tmp (which doesn't exist, or /home/gene/tmp which is apparently where its caching stuff. but NEVER looks in /home/gene/linuxcnc/nc_files/subs/ which is where [RS274NGC} SUBROUTINE_PATH = ~/linuxcnc/nc_files/subs point it at.

Am I being dense? Or are you saying the files name still has the .ngc, and the search adds that to the simplified name used in the parent file? I'll try that but after some shoe-goo cures a while. After a decade the glue holding the gear shift tally switches has given way so I had to reglue that assembly before the spindle runs right. Takes about an hour.

Thank you, take care & stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis