        From:   b...@attcanda.net [SMTP:b...@attcanada.net]
        Sent:   Wednesday, October 06, 1999 12:45 AM
        To:     Gary McInturff
        Cc:     'Grant, Tania (Tania)'; 'emc-p...@ieee.org'; 'Price, Ed'
        Subject:        Re: NEBS Levels..

        This question comes up again and again.  Not necessarily in this
forum, but from
        Sales Engineers all over the world.  Please, Please keep in mind
that these
        levels ARE NOT endorsed by any North American Telcos that I know of
(please
        prove me wrong).  Each Telco seems to have their own set of levels
which are
        conveniently labeled one to three.  There is no correlation that I
know of.
        SR3580, Level 2, Zone 2 earthquake is not an acceptable level to the
west
        coast.  Please keep this in mind and if anyone knows of a North
American Telco,
        whose operations managers will sign up to these levels as defined by
SR3580,
        please let me know.

        Thanks,

        Bob