You're right, Gary.  ITU K.20 (I believe) specifies testing of telecom ports
connected to the network.  The test levels are 1.5kV if primary protection
is present, 4.0 kV if not.  The waveform is 10 x 700.

CISPR 24 actually references these test levels in Table 2..

One of the European common modifications replaced these test levels with
500V  of the 1.2 x 50 waveform.

John P. Wagner
AVAYA Communication
1300 W. 120th Ave, Room B3-D16