1) Correct, this cannot be used in a multiwire branch circuit since it
may eventually be removed without being bypassed. The concern is that an
open neutral in a multiwire (e.g. 120/240 3w or 120/208 4w) circuit
leaves loads connected in series phase to phase. The voltage across a
product intended to operate phase to neutral then becomes dependent on
the other series loads.
Note also that measuring the current in the neutral of a multiwire
circuit will not provide power measurement for any currents flowing
phase to phase. For example when loads on each phase are equally
balanced, neutral current would be zero (ignoring harmonics).
I see no other code complications. I wonder however why you need to make
the current measurement in the neutral rather than the phase conductor.

2) The 15 or 20 amp receptacles must be protected with Listed devices
(not recognized devices such as supplementary protectors). This
protection however may be provided by the branch circuit. If the product
with receptacles has a plug of the same size (e.g. 15 or 20 amps) then
you can assume it is connected to a circuit with the proper protection
and therefore avoid additional protection. If it plugs into a larger
circuit such as a 30 amp receptacle, then you will need to add Listed 15
or 20 amp overcurrent protection within the product for protection of
the smaller receptacles.
Note that UL is reconsidering this requirement, but standards changes
have not been made yet.
Note also that Canada does not permit 15 amp receptacles on 20 amp
circuits (and therefore does not permit the T-slot type 5-20R
receptacles), although this may have changed recently. Maybe Canadians
can clarify.
My responses are based on UL/CSA 60950, but I think you will find this
subject is consistent across other standards.

Bob Johnson
ITE Safety