Sorry, I mis-spoke.  Originally, the intent was to separately "recognize" CPU
boards, power supplies, and enclosures.  The requirement for enclosures is not
in the rules only CPU boards and power supplies.

In answer to the question, there were no specific shielding effectiveness
requirements.  The enclosure was to be evaluated with one or more fully
functional PC enclosed, or alternatively a signal generator.  If the device so
enclosed met the limit requirments, the enclosure was "compliant."   Presumably
lack of support for the enclosure rules caused the FCC to back off.  Now the
requirements are on the CPU board whose installation instructions must include
any requirements for the use of a metal enclosure, etc.

15.101 and 15.102 describe the conditions for compliance.
John P. Wagner
Regulatory Compliance & Mandatory Standards
AVAYA Strategic Standards.
1300 W. 120th Ave, Room B3-D16
Westminster, CO 80234-2726
Phone/Fax: (303) 538-4241