Ed writes ..

>> Once again, John forces me to resort to deep references.

You and me both!

>>  However, I'm relieved, as I thought he implied that your
>> name was "horse-like"

Ditto! And the relief was felt here too once a dictionary had been
consulted. Everything should be back to normal once I phone mother
and tell her I didn't mean any of the things I said last night about her
choice of names.

I guess this is the part where I sit back and wait for the Out-of-office
replies while looking around for any excuse to use "epicene" to stun
someone else in the office (preferably middle management) into using
a dictionary. I guess I got comfortable with 'unisex'.

Rgds

- ChrisTOPHER

p/s John writes ..

>> I don't recall any post recently that indicates a female source.

Interesting observation.