From: owner-emc-p...@listserv.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Brent DeWitt
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 7:11 PM
To: T.Sato; emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: FCC Part 18 - measurement at closer distance

http://www.ieee-pses.org/symposium
          http://www.emc2004.org/

Tom,

I have had experience submitting data taken at a closer distance than
specified, although in this case it was 120kHz RF-ID systems.  At close
distances the FCC allows 1/d^2, but the reality is closer to 1/d^3 at 3,
10
and 30 meters.  I simply took data at 3, 10 and 30 meters, and plotted
Excel to show the slope of the fall off (log distance).  Never had a
complaint.

Brent DeWitt
Loveland, CO
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~bdewitt