Perhaps the auditor is the one with the simple mind :-)

  Original Message
From: Brian O'Connell
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2015 1:29 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Reply To: Brian O'Connell
Subject: Re: [PSES] One DoCs vs multiple DoCs

Makes little sense to this simple mind. The manufacturer's D of C has nothing
to do with any particular NB, and an NB cannot issue a product declaration per
meaning of ISO17050-1, -2. The D of C could, and should, cite the NB's report
as basis for presumption of conformity to particular directive(s), so the issue
would seem to be that of poor formatting  or poor syntax.

Brian
Sr Burrito Manufacturing Representative for the Dark Side