From: Ed Price [mailto:edpr...@cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday 22 November 2016 10:08
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Public view of this email server?

This does come as a surprise to me. I had thought that the email archive was
searchable by being stored on the IEEE host, but I did not realize that anyone,
anywhere in the World, could observe the conversations with a Google search
external to the IEEE. I don’t think this is what we intended to do when this
forum was set up as a private membership reflector email system.

I would think that many compliance professionals, knowing that their
affiliations and comments could be publicly observed, would be cowed into
participating at only the most superficial level of technical and legal
content. I generally believe in a free flow of information, but knowing that
your every word can be monitored and used for whatever purpose by anyone
capable of a keyword search simply has to have a chilling effect on candor
within the regulatory compliance community. Or from a different perspective,
what value does such openness return to our members and the regulatory
compliance community?

Since our forum still displays a notable lack of spam, I assume that membership
in our forum (required for posting) is still personally controlled by our
admins (and a word of thanks to them for their service).

Ed Price
WB6WSN
Chula Vista, CA USA