That is certainly right. But there is another aspect that might play a role
here.

Many fast digital bus concepts have been designed with Class A limits in mind.
That means when applying the (chip) manufacturer's reference design, the final
product meets A limits only. Only with enhanced effort Class B limits can be
met.
Some chip-sets do never meet Class B, as there outputs have substantial common
mode
currents in their outputs ( thinking of Ethernet here).
More and more EN standards now require Class B and also worldwide the trend is
towards Class B. The application of ETSI standards for transmitter and/or
receiver
equipped electronics does not even allow for a Class A escape route. The new RED
(Radio Directive) in the EU brings a whole new category under Class B
(for example GPS equipped designs).

If you are trying to approve a HDMI product into a Class B world, there is
almost
no margin to comply, and any EUT design flaw problem will show as
non-compliance.

Regards,

Ing. Gert Gremmen
Approvals manager

+ ce marking of electrical/electronic equipment
+ Independent Consultancy Services
+ Compliance Testing and Design for CE marking according to EC-directives:
  - Electro Magnetic Compatibility 2014/30/EC
- Electrical Safety 2014/35/EC
- Radio & Telecommunication Terminal Equipment 99/5/EC

Web:    www.cetest.nl  (English) www.ce-test.nl (Dutch) www.cetest.fr (under
construction)
Phone :  +31 10 415 24 26
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information
that is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights
and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not
limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or
distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and
delete the material from any computer.
Thank you for your co-operation.