IMHO all probes are calibrated under far field conditions.

In general: Using probes in the proximity (< lambda) of anything conductive (including ground planes at 10 cm and including EUT) makes the measurement data useless.

As James correctly states, the construction of the probe makes this effect different per type of probe, be it the construction, the size of battery or electronics on board or the lead (fiber or copper) , as long a other conductors are in proximity the read out has no relation to calibration data anymore.

Using a probe near a ground plane, such as usual in automotive test set ups, indeed says not much about the test level of the EUT.

Repeating this test under far field conditions, preferable on an antenna calibration facility, might give you much better results. (not that you are allowed to generate this much of power on air ;<)

Gert Gremmen