As a subscriber to this list from April, 1995, this is a welcome addition. I
echo John W’s concern for subscribers to not abuse this.

Peter Tarver

From: Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 08:55
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] File Attachments and the emc-pstc email list

Back on December 1, 1994 the emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org> email
list went into service to discuss regulatory issues (this email list). When the
list was first setup, a lot of the members even companies were on 14.4 dial up
modems for email/Internet access. Some members were traveling to countries
where dial up internet was not very fast. So the list members ask that sending
files to the list be blocked. So the list admins at that time blocked sending
of files.

Awhile ago a community site was setup to place files instead of sending to the
list, however no one has really made use of it. So it is time to move on.

Now days with wifi and cell coverage along with email programs capable of
selectively downloading attached files, there is no longer a need to block
files. So the current list admins have enabled file attachments.

I had been trying to look for an appropriate file to test with and decided on a
PDF file announcing the formation of the email list in the Product Safety
Newsletter published by the Product Safety Technical Committee (TC-8) under the
IEEE EMC society was the one to send. TC-8 was the predecessor to the IEEE
Product Safety Engineering Society.

We did set a max size of 10 Meg for the files. That is sufficient for asking
what a logo is.

This is a test email to confirm the setting change worked and to announce the
change.

Jim

<emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to