It should. You should be able to connect it to halui.
HAL-UI (HAL User Interface) is a program designed for you to control a
full EMC UI, by using knobs & switches.
Part of halui refers to FO:

- feed-override
   halui.feed-override.value           float //current FO value
   halui.feed-override.scale           float // pin for setting the
scale on changing the FO
   halui.feed-override.counts          s43   //counts from an encoder
for example to change FO
   halui.feed-override.increase        bit   // pin for increasing the
FO (+=scale)
   halui.feed-override.decrease        bit   // pin for decreasing the
FO (-=scale)

You can use a couple of the pins above (the ones you think do the
trick for you).
Even simple pushbuttons for inc/dec, or connect the output of the
encoder counter (either HW from a card, or a software counter that
counts on the parport) to halui.feed-override.counts.
HALUI should be described a bit more in the wiki, and in the manual.
There is also a sample configuration called halui_halvcp included in
emc2.

Best regards,
Alex