  From: garrett beaubien
  To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 4:59 AM
  Subject: [Emc-users] Install problems

  Hello,

  I just downloaded EMC2 version 2.1.1.  I have already applied and built the
RTAI patched kernel, and ran the RTAI testsuite.

  I unpacked and ran ./configure for EMC.  Everything so far so good.  When I
issued a make command, it started the build then gave the following message:

  Linking python module emc.so
  /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
cannot find -lGL
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  make: *** [../lib/python/emc.so] error 1

  Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

  Thanks very much for any help,
  Garrett.