On Thursday 15 March 2007, Dale wrote:
>Hey Jon,
>
>Don't forget to read the rest of what I wrote and not the tiny little
>snippet that Ray quoted. I admit that "POS" may have been a bit harsh.
>So that you know where I came from I was used to the latest & greatest.
>And since you brought it up I was running NC machines starting back in
>1973. The first being a G&L Numerimite, the latest being a Hitachi Seiki
>(sieki?) VK45 or something like that. It had it's own touch probe and
>tool setter. Just clamp a part on the table, touch 3 points and the top
>and program zero was set. All program coordinates were rotated to the
>skew of the part.

Now that would indeed be a desirable feature for emc to have.  As it is, I
have to, if I'm going to make more than one of something, make a jig to
do this raw material location on a reasonably accurate basis.

>And many others in between. Even a Devlieg with your
>old AB control. I also programmed them all without a computer. Never
>went to school for any of it.

And you sir, are a candidate for a diploma from the University of Hard
Knocks.  Yup, its real. I even have one.

--
Cheers, Gene
The distinction between Freedom and Liberty is not accurately known;