Hi all,

What is the maturity of the Hexapod configuration under EMC2? I have never
done anything with hexapods, but I was asked about the feasibility of using
EMC2 for implementing a control system for a hexapod. I have not seen the
actual unit, but what I have been told is that it is from a university lab,
is basically electrically and mechanically sound, but that they have never
managed to get the control system working.

Is the Hexapod configuration and kinematics (genhexkins) fairly universal,
or would there still be quite a bit to do to adapt to a specific
configuration / orientation? The readme in the hexapod sim configuration
references a "Minitetra" type. What is a minitetra type, and what other
types are there? The only orientation I am familiar with has three pairs of
axes centered 120 degrees from each-other. I was not aware of any other
orientations.

Also, from the standpoint of drivers, I believe the six motors are servo
motors. Can I use two Mesa m5i20 controllers with the servo FPGA
configuration for controlling the six axes? Is there any limitation in the
mesa driver which would not permit the use of two boards simultaneously?

Regards,
Eric