From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:37 AM
Subject: [Emc-users] Hal newbie question

Hello,

Just joined the list and started looking seriously at EMC2.

I have read the user, install, and HAL guides and think I get the idea.

What I'm wondering is if there is a "How To" doc somewhere that gives a
real beginners look at setting up a stepper drive.

For instance, assuming one has a stepper with interface that can take
step
and direction signals (and perhaps micro step), here's how to do a HAL
config with the parallel port to make the stepper move.

Thanks,
Mac