From: Paul Pierce
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Parallel port problems

> I could not source enough current from my Parallel port for my
> controll card to drive my stepper motor, so today, i added a new PCI
> parallel port card.

Some information on the wiki:

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?NetMos

Thanks Chris.

My problem is that even when i try to address my old parallel port 0x0378 -
i get an error when i try to start EMC. I have tried addresses 0x0278 and
0x03BC and still i get an error. I don't know why i cannot access my old
parallel port. This is the same even when i remove the PCI Parallel port
card and just address the on-boar parallel port.

The debug line says:
insmod: error inserting 'usr/realtime-2.6.15-magma/modules/emc/
hal_parport.ko'
:-1 device or resource busy.

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit Yahoo! For Good this
month.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:54 PM