On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 11:33:27AM -0700, Kirk Wallace wrote:

> - Can a K be applied to each axis? Such as G33 z1.0 k0.050 x0.100
> k0.010. I suppose, I could just try it and see what happens.

If I understand what you want, you get it just by specifying a
diagonal move.  K is the pitch _along the diagonal_.

> - In my graph, the movement correction over shot the (wrong) target on
> both sides over the course of one second. With decent PID settings, I
> would have thought that the movement would have been a brief ramp to the
> target with small corrections from the bottom towards the target line.
> This suggest a different feedback loop being used?

With the bug you tickled, the response to the position step is
pretty bad.  In normal operation it won't be like that.  You are
right that it uses a different ("pretuned") feedback to track the
target position.

> - How could subsequent G33's latch onto the last index of the previous
> G33 before the current G33 is invoked? What persists between G33 calls?

The spindle position persists.  At the beginning of the series of
G33 moves, there was an index, and the position counts up from that
until the end of the series of G33 moves.

> - Can I latch on Index plus 26? I suppose this can be done by
> calculating the XYZ movement for 26 counts and adjusting XYZ and
> latching on Index.

I think you're asking about something like multi-start threads.  Since
there's no support for starting a pass anywhere but the index pulse,
you have to offset the pass in Z (XYZ) instead.

20 tpi, 2 start thread is something like this (depths left out for
clarity):

S500 M3
G20

G0 Z.5
G0 X1
G76 I_ J_ K_ P0.1 Z-1 (1/10 pitch)

G0 Z.45 (move 1/20th over)
G0 X1
G76 I_ J_ K_ P0.1 Z-1

M2

If you haven't used G76 yet, do try it, it's very much easier to cut a
thread that way.
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.1/html/gcode/main/index.html#SECTION003170000000000000000