Anders Wallin wrote:
>>I think G64 without a tolerance can only blend moves that are exactly
>>tangent - that would mostly apply to paths made up of lines joined by arcs.
>

> I thought G61 ('exact path' mode) did this already?
> G61.1 is 'exact stop' mode which will stop at the beginning and end of
> each move.
>
> The Pxxx for G64 was added quite recently. Before that, with low
> accelerations it was quite possible to get EMC2 to misbehave and cut
> corners a lot by specifying only G64 and no tolerance. Jon's test shows
> that now G64 without a tolerance can produce a path which is
> unnecessarily close to the programmed path and thus slow.
>
> IMO G64 without a tolerance could/should be made illegal, and only a
> G64Pxxx allowed by the interpreter.
Well, I'm not sure that is necessary.  I would like to see a
good description of what all these options are.  I used to know
what G61 vs. G64 did, but now it gets more complicated.  It
looks like we have 4 options now, G61, G61.1, G64 and G64 Pxx.
The documentation on this in the user_manual.pdf is really
lacking.  I'd be glad to try to complete it, but I need to know
how it actually works, first.

Jon