Kai Schaeffer wrote:
> Andre' Blanchard schrieb:
  What does "it wouldn't be trivial" mean in man-months?
Actually, I think those were my words.  EMC doesn't currently
have a feature to scan a surface and then modify the meaning of
a G-code file.  There was some discussion once about a general
transform system to map arc-type deviations in axes and
non-orthogonality.  I don't think any of that was ever
implemented as a standard part of EMC.  Actually, a kinematics
routine that interpolated deviations from a matrix shouldn't be
real hard to do.  EMC2 already has some scanning cycles that
could acquire the grid of Z points.  Then, you'd need to have a
mechanism to send that matrix to the kinematics for
compensation.  This might be fairly easy to do, especially for
someone who knows the kinematics code (not me).

Jon